Yield: approx. 6
Time: 20-25 Minutes
Author: Jennifer Wood
You will need:
16 oz linguine rice noodles or regular pasta
1 lb Chicken breast cut into small cubes
3 TBPS soy sauce ( I like to use aminos) Braggs is my favorite
3 TBPS Hoisin
4 TBSP Honey
2 tsp Chili garlic sauce
2 Cloves garlic minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes ( add more if you want more punch)
¼ Cup sesame oil, separated
2 TBSP olive oil
2 cups shredded carrots
½ Cup roasted salted peanuts, lightly crushed
½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
2 TBSP green onion, chopped
Siracha if that’s your jam for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles until they are al dente, approximately 6 minutes.
2. In the meantime prepare your veggies, In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin, honey, chili garlic sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes. Set this aside.
3. Cut your chicken breast into small piece and salt and pepper, In a sauté pan heat 1 tsp sesame oil, olive oil. Once pan is hot add the chicken and cook until done. Set aside.
4. A few minutes before the noodles are done, in a sauté pan heat the sesame oil over medium heat and add the sauce and stir. Cooking the garlic be sure not to burn it.
5. Drain the noodles reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Immediately add noodles to the pan with the sauce and toss until coated. Add the carrots, half of the green onions and cilantro, and chicken to the pot and mix well. If you find the noodles are sticking together too much add a little bit of the pasta water at a time until it is where you like it. It should not be soupy.
Top with green onions, cilantro, and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
This would also be good with Shrimp or tofu if that’s your thing.
Download the recipe here!
Get recipes directly to your inbox.